What is Stop-Loss?
Why use Stop Loss?
eToro Stop Loss
Stop Loss in trading
Once the market moves against your favor in a trade, an automatic instruction to close it is sent. For example, if 1 share is purchased at 500$ with a stop loss of 400$ and the price falls to 399.99$ an automatic instruction is triggered and the stock is sold.
The maximum value of stop loss on the platform is 50% of the amount invested into a position, unless it is a long position with no leverage. These restrictions are implemented to limit the capital loss risks in case market suddenly starts to move unfavorably.
Once a trade is open however, these limits can be surpassed and your balance on the account will be debited, given there are sufficient funds available to keep the Maintenance Margin at the permitted level.
Trailing Stop Loss
Support us by using the eToro sign-up form down below.⬇️
Plus you will get a Free demo account! Thank you!
GENERAL RISK WARNING
- eToro is a multi-asset platform that offers: Stocks, Crypto assets, and CFDs.
- CFDs are complicated and can make you lose money quickly because of leverage. 81% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. Think about if you understand how CFDs work and if you can afford to take the risk of losing your money.
- Past performance is not an indication of future results. Trading history presented is less than 5 complete years and may not suffice as basis for investment decision.
- Copy Trading does not amount to investment advice. The value of your investments may go up or down. Your capital is at risk.
- Cryptoasset investing is highly volatile and unregulated in some EU countries. No consumer protection. Tax on profits may apply.
- eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity-specific information about eToro.
Author & Expert Trader:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?