One of the many reasons why eToro is popular is because it offers forex trading along with other assets. Starting forex trading on eToro is very straightforward. This article walks you through the three steps needed to execute forex trades on the eToro platform.
Step 1: Navigate to the currencies view
When starting at the home page, navigate to Trade Markets on the bar on left. Click on Currencies on the top right of the screen. This takes you to the forex trading page.
Step 2: Select the currency pair you want to trade
The Forex trading page lists the currency pairs that are available to trade. Click on the currency pair that you want to trade, in this case, it is EURUSD. If you prefer not to scroll through the page, the search bar is also a convenient method to find what you are looking for.
Once in the specific asset that you are trading, click on the Trade icon on the top right of the window. This takes you to the trading interface.
Step 3: Enter the details and place the order
The image below shows the trading interface. On the top, you can choose if you’d like to Sell or Buy an asset. The rate at which the trade will be executed is filled in the first field – you can either choose to execute the order at the market rate or enter a rate of your own by clicking on the arrow icon to the right of the field. Similarly, the field immediately below the rate toggles between the number of units and the amount. Enter the amount or the number of units, depending on your preference. In this case, the amount is $150. eToro also offers you the option to set a Stop Loss and Take Profit thresholds. Check the details that you have filled in and click on the blue box at the bottom that says Set Order. Congratulations! You have placed your order.
Note: Trades are based on the first quoted currency on the pair. i.e. for EURUSD you buy/sell EUR with respect to USD. Forex is generally traded using leverage. You can read more about it here.
If you would like to build up some confidence in using the platform, feel free play around using the practice Demo account. Good luck!
Table of content
Support us by using the eToro sign-up form down below.⬇️
Plus you will get a Free demo account! Thank you!
GENERAL RISK WARNING
- eToro is a multi-asset platform that offers: Stocks, Crypto assets, and CFDs.
- CFDs are complicated and can make you lose money quickly because of leverage. 81% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. Think about if you understand how CFDs work and if you can afford to take the risk of losing your money.
- Past performance is not an indication of future results. Trading history presented is less than 5 complete years and may not suffice as basis for investment decision.
- Copy Trading does not amount to investment advice. The value of your investments may go up or down. Your capital is at risk.
- Cryptoasset investing is highly volatile and unregulated in some EU countries. No consumer protection. Tax on profits may apply.
- eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity-specific information about eToro.
Author & Expert Trader:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?