Are you ready to venture into the world of trading on eToro? Understanding the various asset classes offered by eToro is the key to diversifying your trading journey. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore these asset classes and their unique features, helping you make informed decisions in your trading adventure. Buckle up!
|→eToro offers a wide variety of asset classes, including stocks, commodities, ETFs, Forex, and indices|
|→Diversifying your trading portfolio with different asset classes can help you manage risk and achieve your trading goals|
|→eToro’s CopyPortfolios and CopyTrader features allow users to replicate the trades of other successful traders or invest in thematic portfolios|
💼 Asset Classes on eToro
Table of content
- 💼 Asset Classes on eToro
- 📈 Stocks
- ⛏️ Commodities
- 📊 ETFs (Exchange-Traded Funds)
- 💱 Forex (Currencies)
- 📊 Indices
- 🚀 eToro’s Innovative CopyTrading Features
- 🌐 CopyPortfolios
- 👥 CopyTrader
- 🎯 Choosing the Right Asset Class for Your Trading Goals
- eToro trading-strategies: • Learn more trading strategies📝
- Trading Strategies:
- Investment Knowledge:
- Trading Techniques:
- Other Trading Topics:
- GENERAL RISK WARNING
- Author & Expert Trader - Financial Analyst :
From stocks to indices and everything in between, eToro offers a diverse range of asset classes for you to trade. Let’s dive into each of them:
Stocks are essentially a small portion of a company, a fraction of ownership, that can be traded on the market. Stock market offers many opportunities for traders and can be used for investing from short to long term. There are many factors that influence prices of stocks, both company and the overall market related changes. For instance, positive company performance in terms of sales, revenues, changes in management and other indicators may increase the value of the stock and vice versa. Traders may employ both technical and fundamental analysis in stock trading depending on their investment horizon and trading style. External economic factors such as the interest rates, inflation or major political events can likewise influence the prices of stocks. When company makes profits it may also choose to pay them out in the form of dividends, which eToro pays out (for long positions that will be an addition to your account and for short positions it will be a deduction).
A long or buy position in stock entitles you with an actual ownership of the asset. Sell (short) positions on stocks on the eToro are offered using CFDs. Additionally there is an option to buy fractions of shares to allow for users with limited available capital on the platform to invest too.
Commodities are some of the oldest assets available for trading and are unique because they actually have a physical representation, and include things like oil and gas, precious metals like gold, silver and platinum. Their prices are affected by market supply and demand as well as major global economic and political events, like in case of stocks.
Trading commodities on eToro doesn’t require you to purchase the actual asset as everything is done using CFDs, which also allows you to take short positions and trade in fractions or use leverage.
📊 ETFs (Exchange-Traded Funds)
Exchange traded funds are complex financial instruments and combine many securities (like stocks, commodities, bonds etc) into a single asset that can be traded as a single unit on the platform, just like any stock. ETFs can operate in multiple industries as well as employ different strategies, but many times these funds track a certain index, like S&P 500. ETFs offer trading flexibility in comparison to mutual funds, which are only traded once a day, and allow investors to diversify through exposure to many markets at once my combining many different securities. They are often added to portfolios as a way to lower the overall risks or as a long-term investment strategy. There are 252 ETFs available on the platform.
ETFs can be traded in both long and short positions on the eToro platforms using CFDs, which also allows you to trade them in fractions.
💱 Forex (Currencies)
Currencies are one of the bigest and most liquid global market that can be traded on the eToro platform but it is also one of the most volatile ones. Currency trading is mostly suitable for active high-risk traders because it is very dynamic with constant changes happening all the time. This is because there are many factors that affect these movements such as the interest rates set by countries’ central banks, inflation and other major economic indicators. It may be quite important to monitor news and global events which affect exchange rates and currency pairs greatly.
There are more common or major currency pairs offered, which always have the USD (United States dollar) as one of the currencies in the pair, such as EUR/USD or GBP/USD. There are also cross currency pairs which do not involve the USD, such as AUD/GBP or EUR/GBP and also exotic currencies which trade in quite small volumes, such as the Russian ruble or Singapore dollars, and they tend to be very volatile. There a total of 52 currency pairs on the eToro platform for you to choose from.
Because of the inherent volatility of this market changes in currencies happen in very small units – ‘pips‘, with a value as small as 0.0001. eToro offers currencies for trading only using CFDs, which also allows you to take short position as well as use leverage in your trading. Beware that leverage is an option that bears a lot of risk and can amplify your lossess in the same way as your profits.
Indices track the performance of a basket of many stocks (or other financial assets) related to a certain market segment in a standarized manner. Certain indices capture broad market performance, such as the S&P500 or DIJA, and many times these are used as a benchmark to compare the returns of an investment. Because there are many stocks combined in indices they offer a great degree of diversification. Companies of greater size or market capitalization are assigned a greater weight in the index accordingly. There are currently 15 global indicies available on the platform and are traded using CFDs, allowing for leverage to be used too.
🚀 eToro’s Innovative CopyTrading Features
Besides traditional assets, eToro also offers cutting-edge CopyTrading options:
A great opportunity offered by the eToro platform is its thematic CopyPortfolios, which are a ready-made thematic investment combining a wide variety of assets like stocks, ETFs and commodities with a specific trading style or theme. This a great option for portfolio diversification, long-term investment and also risk reduction; it can also save your time in researching, managing and rebalancing, which is done by the eToro team instead.
When choosing what kind of CopyPortfolio to invest into there is always an option to filter your selection by performance, risks and returns, but also by the type of assets invested into, as shown on the image below. You can do that by choosing the filter option in the CopyPortfolio overview and then choose the kind of criteria you prefer.
eToro platform also offers a ready made thematic investment CryptoPortfolio suited for long-term investment with a combination of many popular cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, XRP, Litecoing, Ethereum and many others. The portfolio is diversified and includes mostly cryptocurrencies with large market capitalization (over $1 billion), it is constantly rebalanced and managed by a team of
CopyTrader allows users to replicate the trades of other successful eToro traders, making it an excellent option for those who lack the time or knowledge to trade themselves. Users can select traders based on risk preferences, portfolio composition, and performance characteristics.
🎯 Choosing the Right Asset Class for Your Trading Goals
Your trading goals, investment style, and risk tolerance will dictate the asset classes that best suit your needs. For instance, currencies may suit active short-term traders, while ETFs are more suitable for longer-term investments with less risk. Familiarize yourself with the different asset classes and their characteristics to make informed decisions and diversify your trading portfolio effectively.
Armed with this knowledge of eToro’s asset classes, you’re ready to embark on your diversified trading journey. Good luck and happy trading!
eToro trading-strategies: • Learn more trading strategies📝
- Automated Trading with eToro
- Buy the Rumor, Sell the News on eToro
- Buy and Hold Strategy on eToro
- Fixed Income Trading Strategies on eToro
- Forex Hedging on eToro
- Futures Trading Strategies on eToro in 2023
- Growth vs. Dividend Investing on eToro
- Martingale Strategy for Trading on eToro
- Momentum Trading on eToro
- Option Strategies on eToro
- Stock Trading Strategies on eToro
- Swing Trading or Day Trading on eToro
- Swing Trading with eToro
- eToro Leverage and Margin
- eToro Scalping
- Understanding Retracements and Reversals on eToro
- How to Open Positions Overnight on eToro
- Savings Strategy: Copy Trader on eToro
- Short Selling vs Closing Trade on eToro
- Spread Betting Basics on eToro
- What is Volatility in Trading?
- How to Diversify Your eToro Portfolio
- CFD Trading Strategies on eToro
Other Trading Topics:
- Buy the Rumor, Sell the News on eToro
- Day Trading is Not for Everybody
- Forex Hedging on eToro
- Futures Trading Strategies on eToro in 2023
- How to Develop a Trading Plan on eToro
- Using the Gain/Loss Calculator on eToro
- News Trading on eToro
- Dividend 4 Steps on eToro
- Warren Buffett's Strategy on eToro
- How to Trade Gaps on eToro
- Understanding Assets on eToro
- Trading Cryptocurrencies on eToro
- Understanding Trading Leverage on eToro
Support us by using the eToro sign-up form down below.⬇️
Plus you will get a Free demo account! Thank you!
GENERAL RISK WARNING
- ▸eToro is a multi-asset platform that offers: Stocks, Crypto assets, and CFDs.
- ▸CFDs are complicated and can make you lose money quickly because of leverage. 77% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. Think about if you understand how CFDs work and if you can afford to take the risk of losing your money.
- ▸Past performance is not an indication of future results. Trading history presented is less than 5 complete years and may not suffice as basis for investment decision.
- ▸Copy Trading does not amount to investment advice. The value of your investments may go up or down. Your capital is at risk.
- ▸Cryptoasset investing is highly volatile and unregulated in some EU countries. No consumer protection. Tax on profits may apply.
- ▸eToro USA LLC does not offer CFDs and makes no representation and assumes no liability as to the accuracy or completeness of the content of this publication, which has been prepared by our partner utilizing publicly available non-entity-specific information about eToro.
Author & Expert Trader - Financial Analyst :
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Leave a Reply